You view your job as the conductor in a symphony orchestra: all the musicians are expert, you have the score and it is your job to coordinate the resources to make beautiful music.
CompilerWorks is unique, at least as far as we know. The team is engineering focused (88% are developers), experienced (average 18 years), and to date is composed of developers who enjoy being developers (you will be our first VP of Engineering).
The team enjoys taking on difficult engineering challenges. Just as important as delivering for customers is building the organizational processes that enable us to move forward, faster, to the next engineering challenge. Our team believes in investing in the future.
- Coordinating the engineering team including forming and reforming sub-teams to meet business deliverables;
- Balance business commitments against available resources;
- Balancing work assignments with development opportunities for team members;
- Guiding development processes and improvements in efficiency;
- Planning and managing budgets; and
- Contributing to recruitment activities.
- Strong organizational leadership skills;
- Technical expertise to win the respect of our established engineering team;
- Experience in recruiting; and
- Deep knowledge of Java, data structures and algorithms.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Intuitively understand the potential of our core technology;
- Understand the world of data-processing inside large enterprises;
- Knows the dynamics of database migration to the cloud;
- Delights in motivating others to deliver more than thought possible; and
- Understands that great companies are built in times like these.